Wayyyyyy back in the day (roughly 18 months ago) I attended college just like 65.9% of other people who graduated high school and like 100% of commuter students on a college campus I rued (yep learned that fancy word while I was there) parking once I got to class. So now with my many months of post-grad wisdom, I’d like to pass along the some secrets to campus parking for all of you currently enrolled in the quest for higher education:
1. If you show up less that 15 minutes before class, forget about it.
no parking = no class
— MRSKRS (@infamouzbabygrl) November 18, 2014
2. If you didn’t bother getting a parking permit at the beginning of semester, forget about it.
Finding parking at college is one of the biggest struggles in life — David Felix (@thatkid_david26) November 18, 2014
3. Keeping your car in a parking spot so long you need a meal because you’re scared to let go of it is completely ok….
College has taught me that eating McDonalds by yourself in a parking lot is okay. — Tyler Sumrall (@tyler_sumrall) November 18, 2014
4. …And that also applies to if you need to sleep there too.
Car naps in the college parking lot lol
(@_Fresho) November 18, 2014
5. College believes they owe you nothing, and that includes parking.
Don’t understand how you can pay 40,000 to a college that doesn’t have enough parking or enough seats in a class you need to take — Josephhhhh (@JoeyVado) November 12, 2014
On the plus side, if you’re one of the people with a parking spot near campus you can turn this whole parking crisis into a positive:
just rented my parking space for the weekend using @theSPOTapp for the weekend.
— matt kojalo (@cavers) November 14, 2014